ABOUT POLAR RIG
Polar is committed to working as a team with its clients in the
interest of safety and efficiency Understanding and respecting the
urgency of the client is our top priority.
Polar Company History
In 1996 “Rig Specialties Inc.” was formed to serve the installation needs of Pyramid Manufacturing, (a major manufacturer of drilling rigs). Maritime Hydraulics purchased Pyramid Mfg. and RSI in 1998 and became known as MH-Pyramid.
From that time until July 2000 R.S.I. crews have performed the installations of derricks on some of the most modern deepwater drilling rigs in the world.
Through these projects our crews have grown and expanded their skills and equipment inventories to meet the challenges presented by the advancing technology of the drilling industry. Derricks are not just derricks anymore, they are automated drilling machines and the people making them work must step up as well.
In July 2000, the assets of the derrick installation unit were purchased from MH-Pyramid by the present sole owner/operator, John Harris and "Polar" Rig Specialties Inc., a totally independent derrick building company was created.
On July 11, 2012, John Harris sold Polar Rig Specialties to Mike Ward and Cory Johnson. Both Mike and Cory had been with Polar since day one with Mike growing into the operations manager position for the past seven years and Cory developeing into a lead field supervisor over the same period. With the experience of these two individuals Polar will move on to grow with the ever changing offshore derrick service industry. This sale was arranged in order that the company continue servicing the clients with the enthusiasm and efficiency as it has under it’s founder, John Harris who has decided to retire.
Polar is strategically located in New Caney Texas, allowing for close access to many clients and rapid deployment of personnel.
Polar strengths include:
• Independence, allowing Polar to work 100% in its customers interest
• Management with extensive derrick construction experience allowing for flexibility with clients
• A sensitive attitude towards clients urgency regarding down time of rigs
• Rapid deployment of crews and equipment 24 / 7
• Dedicated, experienced personnel, many working together for 30 plus years
• Equipment and efficiency are always top priorities
• Expanded skills and services of Polar crews
• Many crewmen are combination rigger, certified welders
• More than adequately insured to meet the requirements of any client
• Adequately capitalized for any size project